Sunday, October 21, 2012

It was the boss’s son. He was a true definition of a B!!!! made dude. He had this arrogant rude way about him. He felt that because his father owned a Subway that they were so rich. Nina knew that they were just stealing money from the company and then go blow at Tootsies. Robert liked Nina but couldn’t stand his ass. Robert was a rash that never went away almost like herpes. Robert: “So what’s going on here? Kendrah nice to see you, but what are you doing here after hours? I know my DAD wouldn’t approve of th...”Saying with a sinister look on his face. Cutting him off Kendrah: Boy please its only 10:59, which means I still have a minute to order my food and whatchu doin here? Aint you suppose to be cross the street payin women that can’t stand yo desperate ass?””Kendrah I don’t have time to lesson my mental and speak hood rat, them girls love me over there.”” Fool cuz you payin Diamond already told me you they call you Cobble pot off of Batman cuz you look like something created from the sewer. You know what that is right, the place SHIT is dropped off. Girl let me get out of here before I have to showem what a hood rat is for real. Ill see you later. Just bring my food tomorrow.” Kendrah walked by him and took a sniff from his shoulder” Smells like you just came from home.” Walking out the door she knew she wasn’t going too far she couldn’t leave Nina hangin like that. She took a drive over to her cousins’ house. Besides her cousin had called her earlier to put 1 in the air after that run in it was needed. Her folks were Rastafarian; it’s what she grew up around. Not saying she didn’t know God but her logic for it was that it made her more closer to God. She never couldn’t really explain her reasoning that’s all she could come up with. Hell the kind of stress she was going through on a day to day bases it helped ease her nerves. She figured the side effects were way better than the hard stuff. She knew you can’t come back from crack very very few do, and her problems weren’t that deep to just go and slowly kill her self.
Robert:” You know if I tell my dad about this you can lose your job.” Nina:” Robert at this point I don’t give a damn about you or your drunken ass daddy, both of you have worked my last nerve and before I let you or him run me into the ground I will leave.”Robert: Oooooh, someone had a bad day today. You wanna tell me about it baby?” You’re sick you know that? I DON’T LIKE YOU ROBERT! How many times does that have to be explained?” Nina knew that Robert was just real meaning of a low self esteem ef boy. He doesn’t have a back bone at all. His daddy gave him the supervisor position and he hid behind that title even though he wore others. Staff never respects him some tell him to shut up to his face and he just runs and tell daddy. Walking closer to Nina he grabbed her and tried to take a kiss from her.” STOP ROBERT STOP! Beating him upside his head. The door flew open and Kendrah grabbed the broom from by the door and started hitting him.” GET OFF OF HER! I CANT STAND YO UGLY ASS! GET THE FU** OFF HER!!!! “KENDRAH STOP HE’S OFF K HE’S OFF!!! Robert lying on the ground still not moving a muscle. Nina: “Is he dead?” Kendrah put her finger under his nose to see if she could feel him breathing.” Naw his stupid ass is still alive” “ I thought you left!?” “ I did but, my cousin wanted a sub before he smoked so I made a u-turn. I wasn’t studden Robert and his mess he is a punk to me. I knew if had something to say for me coming back I had more to give his ass aint nobody scared of Robert.” “ Well what do we do with him?” Ima cancel my session, we going to lock him in the bathroom, finish cleaning and counting, when we done unlock the bathroom and leave his ass here. He smells like alcohol anyway so he’ll make up his own reasoning.” Nina wasn’t sure about it but the only person she ever trusted was her. Every time there was a situation Kendrah was always there almost like her ghetto angel. She felt God knew she would need someone like her in her life considering all the things she had been going through since Harmony was born. She and Kendrah had met in the hospital giving birth on the same day. They had to share recovery rooms crazy enough she named her baby Destiny. Ever since 9/9/01 they have been friends. Kendrah had got her in at the Y and that when they got real close. Nina: I thought you were going to kill him girl!”” I was you stopped me. I don’t play that mess. He already pays for the pu**y how does he feel like he can just take it like that? He aint Tyrese or Pac!” Nina started laughing” Girl you stupid” “ I mean for real if Ty or Pac walked in right now and said give me dat Pu**y you wouldn’t?” “ Girl NO!” with a smile on her face” Who you foolin, girl I would flip the switch to closed and drop my panties so fast they would have my full consent. I know your type you undercover freak think I don’t know.” Smiling with her tongue hanging out making one of her ugly sounds laughing.” I am not an undercover freak; I just don’t discuss my sexual business with others it’s only for me and him to know.” Batting her eyes and her lips pursed up at Kendrah. Rolling her eyes.” Girl whateva, speaking of Him.What was cutie from the bar doing here?” “TROY just stopped by to get a sub…..and a date.” “Awe he putting his big boy swag on for you” Teasing Nina.” Call it what you want, I never said I didn’t like him I just can’t make the same mistake twice. I noticed I wouldn’t make a dude work for it. I have been on more dates and had gotten more gifts in middle and high school than I have in my adult years. Men just don’t care to put in the work plus living in Miami it’s even harder. Think about why would they its hoe on every corner. Chicks put on make up just to go to Winn Dixie. Competition is serious out here. THEN you got Lil Wayne pumping swagg and the Im better than you syndrome. Confidence is good but damn can a traditional, hard working, no asking for a hand out, woman get a date. At least a date. The first thing a fool comes out his mouth is “ let me slide” Come on man Im not worth a dinner and a movie? Check this out I would actually prefer a picnic at a nice park and just talk and really to get to know each other, or skating, or go and pick strawberries something damn. I mean dudes just don’t put any thought to dating anymore only because there are too many chicks making it too easy!” Kendrah: “ Well damn tell me how you really feel. It’s ok breath mama.” Laughing at Nina and her mild melt down. “So are you going to give him a chance at least or keep that wall up?” “What wall?” “Girl please you have a brick wall, a moat with gators  , a barbed wire gate 10ft tall and laser beams around your heart. You don’t even allow a guy to finish his statement sometimes.” “Well when you see the BS why entertain it, after Nico AND Mindbenda I am so good right now. Besides I’m not together financially and the last thing I want is a man thinking he own me because he helping me. That’s what Nico did.” “ You can’t punish the next guy for Nico ef up. Since we talking bout Nico have you heard from him?” “The last text I got from Nico was I can’t even remember. He said and I quote” Maybe one day we talk without arguing, come to an agreement, and understand each other. Still love you for life.” Nina: “Which is code for when you can except that I will date every now and again but your main then we can work it out. The dick wasn’t that great. I don’t understand why men think that because we give them attention and make them feel like king that they are the shit. They don’t get that they have flaws too. I mean I like my men tall with some chest, nice teeth, intelligent, able to wear street clothes and put on a suit, cultured and not by National Geo channel either. Nico had 2 out just the 5 I mentioned he didn’t even give 2.5. He wasn’t the ultimate man of my dreams but I loved him and accepted his good and bad. That just wasn’t good enough for him. He said that I was too skinny and didn’t look like the girls on the beach. Mindbenda said I wasn’t hood enough for him now that threw me for a serious loop. I never told Benda that his sex game was weak or that he looked like bum when he dressed. I worked with him.” “Yea, but girl you know how men are or just people say anything to bring you down because of their own insecurities it’s just a sad that it’s always the one closest to you that do it.” Kendrah and Nina finished up. They heard movement in the bathroom so they unlocked the bathroom door quickly grabbed their food and went out the back. Next morning Kendrah picked Nina up for work just to make sure she was doing ok. Even though she joked about what happened she also knew that Nina was hurt but will never show it. She was just tough and hardened over the years that she became emotionless. They pulled up to the job and went in to clock in. Stacy on of the other counselors walked up to Nina and told her she had something in the office for her. When she walked in she saw…….. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment